Job title: Project Assistant (full time)
Position description: Providing a full range of office support work to the EU-PFMO – Capacity building support to the State Office of Vietnam project.
Reports to: Team Leader/Key Expert 2/Project Coordinator.
Main place of work: Hanoi.
The EUPFMO – Capacity Building Support to the State Audit Office of Viet Nam project is co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) through a financial Agreement (FA) signed on December 30th, 2014 between the European Union (EU) and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam. The financial volume of this project encompasses EURO 3,900,000 and will be implemented from June 2016 to December 2019.
This project focuses to improve the accountability, transparency and oversight of public financial management and public service delivery in Viet Nam by building the organizational and operational capacity of the State Audit Office of Vietnam (SAV) to provide an independent opinion on financial management issues across the public sector and to present the National Assembly with the quality information to undertake an appropriate oversight function.
Precisely speaking, it supports the implementation of 2 specific pillars of the SAV’s Action Plan (DAP) towards the achievement of the Development Strategy by 2020 (approved by the Auditor General in December 2010), which are:
- Pillar 1: Develop the SAV’s human resources in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
- Pillar 2: Enhancing Audit Planning, Modernization of Audit Methods and Management of Audit Activities in line with INTOSAI standards and international good practice and in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
Besides, it is expected that some of the proposed activities under this project will be crosscutting in nature and therefore will have indirect impacts on the remaining three pillars of the DAP.
Expertise France (French International Technical Cooperation Agency) has been selected to implement this project.
Project Assistant will provide a full range of office support work, including supporting processes, monitoring schedules related to the project’s products and tasks and liaising frequently with team members working both on field and home base as well as other stakeholders.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Project Assistant is to:
- Provide full logistical and secretarial support to the project related activities including
- arranging local travel schedule, flight and hotel bookings;
- organizing meetings/events/workshops/trainings, PSC meetings…
- coordinating schedules, monitor and communicate changes and other information to the related staff;
- creating and maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files, documents and correspondences;
- assisting in preparation of various presentation materials in PowerPoint.
- Provide assistance in the task management, database management, editorial assistance and procurement;
- Assist the Team Leader, Key Expert 2 and project Manager and Coordinator in managing stakeholder’s relationship;
- Assist the project Manager and Coordinator in the implementation of the communication plan/strategies for the project. This may include the development of the content of brochures, press kits, web pages and other channels;
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems arisen relating to the existing procedures and processes and proposing appropriate application and/or solutions;
- Closely work with the Team Leader/Key Expert 2, Project Manager and Project Coordinator to arrange courses, training programs, seminars, steering committee, national and overseas study tours;
- Attend meetings as required and ensure the minutes drafting;
- Work closely with and provide back-up support to other project staff;
- Support the preparation of the technical reports;
- Other tasks assigned by the Team Leader, Key Expert 2 and Project Manager and Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in organizing events such as workshops, seminars, trainings, meetings…;
- Experienced working effectively with Government counterparts;
- Experienced working within a project team with tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Demonstrated capacity to multitasks and prioritize workload;
- Work with minimum supervision with initiatives and ability to respond to requests for information in a timely manner;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command of English with French knowledge is a plus;
- Understanding the EU guidelines and procedures for project;
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Vietnamese contract law;
- Full-time employment;
- Remuneration: In accordance with the UN-EU cost norms 2015;
- Starting: As soon as possible;
- Fixed term contract of 41 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send application to Ms Ngo Hong Nhung (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 19th 2016.
Other supporting documents are not required until the final round of interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi