Job title: Accountant (part-time).
Position description: Providing financial and accounting support for the EU-PFMO Capacity building support to the State Audit Office of Vietnam project.
Reports to: Team Leader and Project Manager.
Main place of work: Hanoi
The EUPFMO – Capacity Building Support to the State Audit Office of Viet Nam project is co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) through a financial Agreement (FA) signed on December 30th, 2014 between the European Union (EU) and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam. The financial volume of this project encompasses EURO 3,900,000 and will be implemented from June 2016 to December 2019.
This project focuses to improve the accountability, transparency and oversight of public financial management and public service delivery in Viet Nam by building the organizational and operational capacity of the State Audit Office of Vietnam (SAV) to provide an independent opinion on financial management issues across the public sector and to present the National Assembly with the quality information to undertake an appropriate oversight function.
Precisely speaking, it supports the implementation of 2 specific pillars of the SAV’s Action Plan (DAP) towards the achievement of the Development Strategy by 2020 (approved by the Auditor General in December 2010), which are:
- Pillar 1: Develop the SAV’s human resources in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
- Pillar 2: Enhancing Audit Planning, Modernization of Audit Methods and Management of Audit Activities in line with INTOSAI standards and international good practice and in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
Besides, it is expected that some of the proposed activities under this project will be crosscutting in nature and therefore will have indirect impacts on the remaining three pillars of the DAP.
Expertise France (French International Technical Cooperation Agency) has been selected to implement this project.
The project Accountant will provide the local financial and accounting support in compliance with EU requirements and Vietnamese Accounting Standards to the EUPFMO – Capacity Building Support to the State Audit Office of Viet Nam project.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the accountant is to:
- Keep record of local financial transaction in line with EU requirements and Vietnamese Accounting Standards;
- Assist to prepare the financial reports in compliance with EU requirements and in strict collaboration with the project manager;
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process in strict collaboration with the project manager and in consistence with the annual work plan;
- Be in charge of all contracts with local external suppliers (negotiating, drafting, submitting for approval, checking the service completion status);
- Release cash and transfers for approved local payments orders;
- Control the cash flow and request for fund transfers in strict collaboration with the project manager and with financial and accounting department of Expertise France Asia and Headquarter;
- Support to prepare financial statements and invoices to the donor as required;
- Assist in preparing for external audit in accordance with the EU guidelines and regulations;
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports and analyses upon request of the Project Team Leader or Project Manager;
- Administer local various tax-related requirements as necessary (exemption of PIT, VAT, customs duties…)
- Administer the inventory of project’s assets and equipment;Be in charge of HR procedures follow up for local project office (except Team Leader and Key Expert 2): working contracts, pay slips, paid holidays;
- Coordinate with the team for logistics arrangement of the project local events;
- Other administrative works as required by the Team Leader, Project Manager or Project coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent with a focus on accounting and financial management;
- Experience in working with international donors and funded projects;
- Understanding the EU guidelines and procedures for project;
- 5 years of working experience in financial and/or accounting field or financial management;
- Financial competence and excellent analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and accounting software;
- Possessing problem-solving capacity and be able to prioritize;
- Good communication skills and good command of English and Vietnamese. French knowledge is a plus;
- Team oriented spirit with cross-cultural communication skills and outcome oriented spirit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Vietnamese contract law;
- Part-time employment (50%);
- Salary consistent with the 2015 UN-EU cost norms;
- Starting: As soon as possible;
- Fixed term contract of 41 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send application to Ms Ngo Hong Nhung (email@example.com) by August 19th 2016.
Other supporting documents are not required until the final round of interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi