Position description: Providing Vietnamese-English translation and interpretation services for the EUPFMO-Capacity building support to the State Audit of Vietnam project.
Reports to: Team Leader/Key Expert 2/Project Coordinator.
Main place of work: Hanoi, Vietnam with travels in Vietnam and abroad.
The EUPFMO – Capacity Building Support to the State Audit Office of Viet Nam project is co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) through a financial Agreement (FA) signed on December 30th, 2014 between the European Union (EU) and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam. The financial volume of this project encompasses EURO 3,900,000 and will be implemented from June 2016 to December 2019.
This project focuses to improve the accountability, transparency and oversight of public financial management and public service delivery in Viet Nam by building the organizational and operational capacity of the State Audit Office of Vietnam (SAV) to provide an independent opinion on financial management issues across the public sector and to present the National Assembly with the quality information to undertake an appropriate oversight function.
Precisely speaking, it supports the implementation of 2 specific pillars of the SAV’s Action Plan (DAP) towards the achievement of the Development Strategy by 2020 (approved by the Auditor General in December 2010), which are:
- Pillar 1: Develop the SAV’s human resources in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
- Pillar 2: Enhancing Audit Planning, Modernization of Audit Methods and Management of Audit Activities in line with INTOSAI standards and international good practice and in accordance with SAV’s DAP.
Besides, it is expected that some of the proposed activities under this project will be crosscutting in nature and therefore will have indirect impacts on the remaining three pillars of the DAP.
Expertise France (French International Technical Cooperation Agency) has been selected to implement this project.
The Language Assistant will provide the English-Vietnamese languages translation/interpretation support to the EUPFMO – Capacity Building Support to the State Audit Office Office of Viet Nam project.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Interpreter / Translator is to:
- Provide professional, accurate and timely translation of technical and administrative documents;
- Provide professional, accurate and efficient interpretation for meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings, interviews…;
- Travel within Vietnam and abroad, as required, to provide the services described above;
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the EUPFMO project objectives;
- Coordinate with the team for logistics arrangement of the project events;
- Other administrative works as required by the Team Leader.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Linguistic-related bachelor degree required;
- Fluent command of both spoken and written English. French knowledge is a plus;
- At least 5 years of English-Vietnamese language translation and interpretation experience. French knowledge is a plus;
- Experience of working with Government bodies and/or businesses in Vietnam is preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively with the project’s counterparts and staff is required;
- Experienced working with tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Proficiency and prior experience in MS Office: Excel, word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Vietnamese contract law;
- Full-time employment;
- Salary in consistent with the 2015 UN-EU cost norms;
- Starting: As soon as possible;
- Fixed term contract of 41 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send application to Ms Ngo Hong Nhung (email@example.com) by August 19th 2016.
Other supporting documents are not required until the final round of interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi