EU-Public Finance Modernisation Programme in Vietnam (EU-PFMO)
Capacity building support to the State Audit Office of Vietnam
About EU-PFMO Programme
The aim of this programme is to contribute to the improved management and oversight of public finances in Viet Nam, by building the
organizational and operational capacity of the two key institutions, namely the Ministry of Finances (MoF) and the State Audit Office of Viet Nam (SAV).
In doing so, the programme will contribute to the alleviation of poverty in Viet Nam by reinforcing macroeconomic stability and resilience to external shock, improving the government’s ability to implement its economic and social policies through efficient and effective planning and execution of the state budget, as well as improve the accountability and transparency of public service delivery.
PILLAR 1: Human Resources Management
Expected result 1: SAV’s ability to carry out its mandate is strengthened by improving the Organizational structure and Management of its Human Resources.
- A revised organizational structure for SAV in place which is fit for purpose and consistent with achieving the SAV mandate efficiently and effectively;
- The formulation and implementation of human resource strategies, plans and procedures that are aligned with SAV’s overall strategy, and appropriate monitoring and review mechanisms are developed to ensure effectiveness, transparency, coherence and consistency in their implementation;
- Appropriate human resource management systems are in place ensuring that SAV is able to attract, develop, utilize, reward and maintain the required number of staff and the right ‘mix’ of competencies, experience and skills;
- Continuous professional development systems in place – including Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct – ensuring all staff are equipped with the skills and training necessary to fulfil their professional and ethical responsibilities;
- The HR function is enhanced through the use of computerized tools and techniques.
PILLAR 2: AUDIT
Expected result 2: The quality of external audits of public funds is improved by using Modern Strategy Audit Planning techniques, Audit Methodologies and Audit Activity Management techniques.
- SAV elaborates its own audit standards in compliance with the Vietnamese legal framework, INTOSAI norms, as well as its own audit experience;
- Guidelines, procedure, and methods are developed, trailed (through join audits) and disseminated for all phases of the audit process (i.e. planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up) in order to ensure high quality financial and compliance audit activities in accordance with the SAV standards;
- Appropriate quality control systems are in place to ensure appropriate supervision of audit teams and review of audit work;
- Computerized audit tools and techniques are developed to improve the structure, quality and productivity of the audit process and an appropriate computerized database is developed to help SAV management improve audit planning, quality control and risk assessment as well as enhance knowledge sharing and good-practice amongst SAV staff;
- Clear, concise, accurate and objective criteria are set for SAV audit reports,
resulting in the provision of information which contributes to more transparent public finances and effective oversight of public finance management in Vietnam.
Get In Touch
THE FRENCH INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL COOPERATION AGENCY.
© 2016 – 2019